Friday, May 27, 2011

TWISTED SISTER: "Still Hungry" Re-issue


Rating: Re-issue

Label: Eagle/Armoury 2011

Review by Urban "Wally" Wallstrom

I don't like it, I don't appreciate it... and I just don't get it at all. Did it have anything to do with royalties and/or dodgy copyrights??? To be frank (nope, I'm Urban), I don't care about why Twisted Sister decided to re-recorded the entire "Stay Hungry" album and re-name it "Still Hungry". It's just not one of those things you can do as a band without excepting to receive a massive stream of criticism from music lovers and fans all over the world.

Okay, the band never liked the "thin" recording sound that was popular at the time (1984). Well, booh-fooking-hou!!! No matter what, you simply can't change history, you can however learn from "mistakes" (I don't think it's such a crappy sounding album though) and simply get on with life. It sold what? Merely 6 million copies and this rather pointless re-recording from the year of 2004 sold... what??? 6 copies??? Okay, that's a bit harsh, but you get the point. So this particular reviewer doesn't like re-recordings, but perhaps millions of you out there does???

The re-release is complete with two lost tracks from the original sessions (Never Say Never, Blastin Fast & Loud), the 2004 studio bonus tracks: "Come Back", "Plastic Money", "You Know I Cry", "Rock N Roll Saviors", and "Heores Are Hard To Find" the latter previously released on the 'Strangeland' movie soundtrack in 2000. I believe it's originally a Widowmaker song??? Nontheless, it's however co-written by Bernie Torme. I guess it's not a completely pointless re-release after all since it's at 'midprice' and you'll get plenty of rare bonustracks.

Website

No comments:

Post a Comment