Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Kevin COSTNER & Modern West: "From Where I Stand"


Rating: 6/10

Label: Ear Music 2011

Review by Kimmo Toivonen

You might know the name Kevin Costner and indeed it's the same guy, if you were wondering… As this album was available on the Finnish distributor's promo service, I downloaded it out of curiousity to check it out. And well, it's actually not too bad. There's nothing that really grabs me instantly, but it's pleasant to listen to, most of the songs are pretty good and Costner is a good singer and a songwriter. The lyrics are real stories, which is quite nice.

"From Where I Stand" stands somewhere between country and down-to-earth rock of Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty and John Mellencamp. My favorite tracks of the album are probably "No Fences" (very Petty'ish) and "Let Go Tonight", which features an unlikely guest star, the german pop rock singer Nena.


Website

MySpace

Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment