Monday, September 23, 2013

ALTERNINE: "2.0"

Rating: R
Label: Alternine
Review by Martien Koolen

Alternine is a French rock band and 2.0 is their second EP. On this EP you can hear 5 new songs which are influenced - according to the sel-written bio - by notorious bands like A Perfect Circle, Nine Inch Nails, The Mars Volta and Tool. To be truly honest I cannot hear any of those influences in any of the five songs as I only hear bad composed, chaotic, weird rock songs on this EP.

I do not like the female vocals of Laetitia Jehanno and the sound of the EP is also rather shallow. All the five tracks are filled with weird sounds, aggressive riffs and hooks, screaming vocals, funky tempos, chaotic pasages and in fact the songs are no songs. Maybe I am not the right guy to review this EP, but I truly find this a redundant, boring and utterly chaotic EP. Pardon my French...
Bandcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment